In South Florida this is just how our summers are. It is kind of like winter for the Northerners.
Here are some things I have been doing with them:
- going to indoor play areas
- play tent
- Playing in the sink
- Jumping in puddles outside
- Indoor picnic
- Dancing around. There are some great shows that have dances on them. My 2.5 year old loves to try and do the dance moves. Even the baby gets into them.
- Making a roadway in the house and having my older daughter act like she is a car. She has to stop at the stop sign, etc.
- Having a pretend camp out with blankets and watching cartoons
I want to do some more stimulating things on these rainy summer days. It rains everyday here starting at 2pm, or it sometimes just rains all day in the summer so I better stock up on some ideas. I took to the best place to find such ideas. Pinterest!
Here are some links to some fun ideas I found
- 14 Fun and Simple Indoor Activities
- 50 Inspiring Ideas for Rainy Day Fun
- 101 Indoor Activities for Kids
- Indoor Gross Motor Activities
Here are some just for the toddlers in your life (not all are for inside)
What are some activities that you do with your family on a rainy day?